Text message blasts are an affordable web-based SMS texting service that allows you to easily and simultaneously send text messages to a large number of cell phone users utilizing an automated messaging system. It is one of the most effective ways for businesses to connect with customers, increase engagement, and raise brand awareness.
Text blast services have been on a meteoric rise leading to the majority of businesses now having a mobile marketing strategy in place. The mobile phone grows with importance every day, as does its list of capabilities and functions. From listening to music and watching videos, to playing games and even starting your car, you can do anything and everything on these devices. This makes the mobile phone a powerful marketing tool that is vital to be taken advantage of if you want to thrive in today's technologically-driven society.
Why Text Blast?
- In 2018, SMS Open Rates are 98% (HuffingtonPost)
- Mobile Traffic Accounts for 52.2% of All Online Traffic Worldwide (Statista)
- 82% of Customers Use Their Phone In-Store When Making a Purchase Decision (Omnicore)
- 50% of People Check Their Phone Immediately After Waking Up (Omnicore)
- 75% of Millennials Prefer to Communicate via Text (CustomerThink)
- 9 in 10 Users Who Enroll in SMS Loyalty Programs Feel They Gained Value (BrickandMobile)
How To Text Blast
Once you've chosen your plan and are logged into the text blast software, using SMS blasts are as easy as following these three simple steps:
- Step 1: Upload your list of opted-in individuals
- Step 2: Write out a message customized to your marketing strategy
- Step 3: Hit "Send" to broadcast your message to your contacts from a regular 10-digit number
--> Check out our Getting Started Guide to learn helpful tips that'll get you on your way! <--
Top 5 Best Use Cases for Text Blasting
- Any business that schedules appointments can benefit from SMS texting. Whether it be a doctor's office, medical spa, auto body repair shop or hair salon, utilizing texts will be much more effective than an auto-dialer and will save you a significant amount of time instead of making those reminder calls manually every day.
- Send out emergency alerts that customers or clients need to be aware of, or send out non-emergency-related alerts that notify individuals about a temporary change in business hours, scheduling changes, weather delays, cancellations, new products, or anything else they should be aware of.
- Coupons and incentives are a great way to build your contact list by enticing them to receive a special discount. This is also a great opportunity to attract customers to your business on a slower day, or bring them back in as a repeat customer.
- Text blast software is also a great way to gather information about your business and see the results. Ask your customers what their favorite product is or what they'd like to see more of.
- SMS texting platforms provide the ability to receive inbound messages from customers, which is an invaluable medium for receiving critical feedback and suggestions relating to your business.
How are Businesses Using Text Blast Marketing?
Here are some of the types of businesses using SMS to their advantage:
- Send coupons, ask for feedback and promote new merchandise
Bars & Restaurants
- Advertising time-sensitive promotional offers, showcasing new menu items
- Drive traffic to keynote events, demonstrations and booths
- Send emergency alerts to faculty and parents and update on school events
Doctors and Dentists
- Send appointment reminders, alert of test results
- Event reminders, exclusive offers, ticket giveaways
Accountants / Tax Firms
- Send appointment reminders, countdown to tax filing, tax return status updates
- Reach interested leads, send new property listings, confirm and book showings
- Provide test results, prescription reminders, set appointments and get feedback
6 Best Practices When Using Text Message Marketing
Clearly Communicate What Your Subscribers Can Expect
- Make them aware of what type of messages they will receive. You don't want them to be blindsided and as a result, end up un-subscribing from your service.
Pay Attention to Frequency
- Avoid sending texts all the time. Aim to keep it around 2-4 texts per month to avoid customers developing a poor attitude towards your business.
- Associations affiliated with the wireless communication industry require you to include related text such as, "Msg & Data rates may apply". Add this to your auto reply so you don't find yourself in any trouble.
Provide a Way to Opt-Out
- Subscribers should be aware that they can opt-out if the content being sent is not what they were looking for, or if they are no longer interested. This will help maintain a good brand identity.
Send Messages During Normal Hours
- Be courteous to your subscribers and only send messages during normal business hours. You'll most likely want to inspire immediate action from your customers, therefore sending at the right time will ensure your efforts are responsive.
Provide Something of Good Value
- If customers are giving you permission to text them, you'll want to make sure you are giving them something beneficial in return. Avoid duplicating campaigns and aim to differentiate each message you send.
Why Use Group Texting?
- Nearly every business needs a mobile marketing strategy
- Customers are demanding a greater mobile experience from a business
- Marketers have already adopted text blasting, don't fall behind!
- Free incoming messages
- No contract Monthly Plans or pay as you go credits
- Customers can text your Keyword to join your texting list
Interested in trying Group Texting for free? Sign up for a free trial to get started today!
No contracts, no setup fees, no kidding.
GroupTexting has partnered with EZ Texting to power its mass texting platform.
Signing up for GroupTexting will automatically create an EZ Texting account.